What’s the buzz about Buzzwords?
What is a buzz word?
A word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context.
Some of 2016’s top buzz words included amplify, touch base and ecosystem but what’s in store for 2017!?
• Midult- new demographic identified by marketers as women aged 35-55 with the tastes of 20-year-olds.
• Data lake- we all know what a database is, well this is on a larger scale.
• OOO- Out of the office ‘I’m triple-0 until 4th June.’ (We like this one!)
• Virtual Reality- already proving popular amongst activations, particularly in the retail sector.
• Disruptive technology- referring to any enhanced or completely new technology that replaces and disrupts an existing technology.
• Story telling- using stories to convey important things in businesses because a good story resonates better than a power point!
• (Another favourite) Netflix & Split- Discussion between a couple splitting up on who gets to keep their share account and its history and queue.
• Datafication- The act of collecting data and using it to predict or shape behaviour.
Follow our Twitter account @Shoppertainmgmt to see live updates.